Causes of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
Interaction of Genetics and Stress on the Development of Autism
The purpose of this study is to investigate the differences in DNA that are associated with stress and how they may contribute to the cause of ASD. This research is being done because at this time no one knows how autism develops. We think that genes and stress may work together in the development of some cases of ASD. We will be looking at how stress and other environmental factors, including diet, interact with one’s genetic makeup. This study will include surveys and a blood draw.
- Participation of both parents and child under the age of 8 diagnosed with ASD. The participation of an unaffected sibling (if available) would be very beneficial.
- Time required: Approximately 1-2 hours.
- Location: Thompson Center, University of Missouri
- Monetary compensation: Yes
- Contact Person: Patrick Hecht, 314-221-4120,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research study director: David Beversdorf, MD
|Causes of Autism||Characteristics of Autism||Treatment and Intervention|
|Clinical Trials||Health Service Delivery and Health Policy||Schedule an Appointment|