Apply for staff jobs at the University of Missouri and its affiliates using the online job application . Printed applications are no longer accepted. If you do not have a computer, you may use one at Human Resource Services, located at 201 S. Seventh St., Room 130, Heinkel Building, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211. This service is available during business hours, and no appointment is necessary.
Before you begin, collect the following information, which is necessary to complete the application:
- Information about current and previous jobs
- Company name and address.
- Dates of employment.
- Supervisors’ names.
- Telephone numbers.
- Accurate descriptions of job duties.
- Wage information.
- Skills and/or certifications.
How to Apply
The process works by having you first fill out an application and then submit that application to specific job listings that you add to a job cart. If you have any questions about the application process, you can e-mail HRS at MUHRS@missouri.edu or call 573-882-7976 for assistance. To request ADA accommodations, please contact us at the address listed above or call 573-882-7976. TTY users should call through Relay Missouri, 1-800-RELAY MO (1-800-735-2966).
1. Create an account - Go to the online job application and click on “Create an Account.” Complete all of the required fields. Once you submit that information, you then need to complete the application.
2. Fill out an application - Complete all of the sections of the application in the order of your choice, saving your work as you go. Those sections are:
- Employment history
- Additional personal information
- Education history
- Job skills and certifications
- Required hospital questions
3. Note: You must click save each time you complete or alter a page, even if it is the last entry you plan to make.
4. Upload additional attachments - Most people include a résumé and a cover letter, but you can also upload additional materials to support your application.
5. Apply for a job - Under "applicants" in the left-hand column, select "job list " to browse through the list of open positions. Clicking on a job title will open a description in another window. If you wish to apply to that position, simply add it to your job cart by clicking the appropriate link under the job description. You also can add jobs directly from the job list page by checking the appropriate boxes next to the listings and adding them to your job cart at the bottom of the page. To submit applications to the jobs in your cart, click on "finished adding vacancies to my job cart" and follow the instructions. Your application will not be read until you take this step.
6. Check your application status - After applications are submitted, they are reviewed by HRS staff before being forwarded to the hiring managers for the particular position. You can check your application status by logging into the site and selecting "view application status" in the left-hand column.