205 Portland Street
Columbia, MO 65211
573-884-6052

Thompson Center Staff Spotlight: Meet Mary Fritz

The Thompson Center prides itself on providing the highest level of care to its clinic patient families.

a picture of mary ann fritz

While passionate and caring expert providers and trainees at the Thompson Center do amazing work in the evaluation and treatment of patients, achieving the highest levels of care would not be possible without the hard work of the Thompson Center front desk staff. The last several weeks, we’ve been highlighting some of the amazing clinic staff who keep things running in the clinic like a well-oiled machine.

What’s your name?

My name is Mary Ann Fritz.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up and still live in Mokane, Mo. It’s a small town 14 miles south of Fulton.

What is your position at the Thompson Center?

I am a Patient Service Representative at the Thompson Center.

How long have you worked at the Thompson Center?

I started at the Thompson Center on Nov. 16, 2020.

What is your role at the Thompson Center?

I work the front/check out desk. I just recently started so I don’t have access to every system right now. I am currently answering phones, assisting other co-workers in things that they need done, greeting patients, and learning new things every day.

What is your favorite thing about working at the Thompson Center?

I love working at the Thompson Center because I love helping others in any way I can. Just greeting someone as they come in, answering questions for them or whatever it may be gives me a feeling of helping, making someone’s day or making someone smile. I’ve also met some wonderful people since I started working here and it makes coming to work every day a wonderful feeling.