We’re here to help.

Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is here to address your unique needs and provide the best possible care for your child’s neurodevelopmental journey.

Learn more

Teaching for a stronger community.

We are here to equip learners with the essentials skills needed to create positive change in the lives of people with developmental differences.

Learn more

Researching for a better tomorrow.

Our goal is to unlock discoveries that will revolutionize the lives of individuals with autism and other neurodevelopmental diagnoses.

Learn more

Researchers & Studies

Join A Study

We’re here to help.

Learn more

Teaching for a stronger community.

Learn more

Researching for a better tomorrow.

Learn more

Thompson Center for Autism & Neurodevelopment

205 Portland Street, Columbia, MO 65211

573-884-6052

December 1, 2020

Thompson Center Staff Spotlight: Meet Kristy Jackson

By Emily Morrison

The Thompson Center prides itself on providing the highest level of care to its clinic patient families.

While passionate and caring expert providers and trainees at the Thompson Center do amazing work in the evaluation and treatment of patients, achieving the highest levels of care would not be possible without the hard work of the Thompson Center front desk staff. In the next few weeks, we’ll be highlighting some of the amazing clinic staff who keep things running in the clinic like a well-oiled machine.

What’s your name?

My name is Kristy Jackson

Where did you grow up?

I was born and raised in Shelbina, Mo.  

What is your position at the Thompson Center?

I am a Business Support Specialist at the Thompson Center.

How long have you worked at the Thompson Center?

I’ve worked at the Thompson Center for 11 years.

What is your role at the Thompson Center?

My primary role at the Thompson Center is diagnostic scheduling.  I schedule all of the appointments for families needing autism diagnostic evaluations and other diagnostic appointments.

What is your favorite thing about working at the Thompson Center?

At the end of the day, I know that when I have scheduled a family for their appointment, I’ve made a difference for someone. I can relate to that family because I’ve been in their shoes before and so when they have those questions and fears, I can talk to them about it and explain what to expect and help them understand the process a bit more and have a little less anxiety about what to expect.