Family Resource Services (FRS)
Diagnostic evaluations. Medical appointments. IEPs and educational services. Community resources. Government agencies. The world of services and supports for people with autism or another neurodevelopmental condition can be overwhelming. The Family Resource Services (FRS) team at the Thompson Center is here to point you in the right direction and connect you with the resources that are the best fit for your family.
Our dedicated social workers and family navigators are here to provide care coordination and support at every stage of your family’s journey. Whether you are just beginning to have concerns about your child’s development, awaiting an evaluation appointment, or already actively engaged with services at the Thompson Center, our team is available to assist you. We understand the unique challenges and uncertainties that come with navigating autism and neurodevelopmental concerns, and our goal is to offer guidance, empathy, and practical assistance to ensure that your family receives the comprehensive care and resources needed.
The Family Resource Services team supports families through:
- Coordinating care so that providers from the Thompson Center and from other organizations can work together to best support the patient and their family
- Assisting with referral paperwork
- Connecting families with resources in their local community
- Explaining services available at the Thompson Center
- Answering questions about a patient’s status on our waitlist
- Providing guidance on educational services, such as IEPs
- Navigating available government programs, such as Medicaid
One of our FRS team members will reach out to you if we have any problems processing your referral form or intake paperwork. If you have questions for our FRS team, please call our front desk at (573) 884-6052.