We’re here to help.

Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is here to address your unique needs and provide the best possible care for your child’s neurodevelopmental journey.

Learn more

Teaching for a stronger community.

We are here to equip learners with the essentials skills needed to create positive change in the lives of people with developmental differences.

Learn more

Researching for a better tomorrow.

Our goal is to unlock discoveries that will revolutionize the lives of individuals with autism and other neurodevelopmental diagnoses.

Learn more

Researchers & Studies

Join A Study

We’re here to help.

Learn more

Teaching for a stronger community.

Learn more

Researching for a better tomorrow.

Learn more

Thompson Center for Autism & Neurodevelopment

205 Portland Street, Columbia, MO 65211

573-884-6052

June 24, 2021

Psychology Technician Spotlight: Meet Courtney Hannah

By Emily Morrison

One of the most important things we do at the Thompson Center is perform in-depth psychological evaluations for children with neurodevelopmental disorders. Each evaluation can take hours and we would not be able to perform nearly enough without the support of our dedicated psychology technicians!

This June, we have met our amazing psych techs and learned a little bit more about them and why they are passionate about working with children with autism! We’ll finish up by learning about our senior psych tech, Courtney Hannah!

What’s your name?

Courtney Hannah

Where did you grow up?

Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri

What is your position at the Thompson Center?

Senior Psychology Technician

How long have you worked at the Thompson Center?

I’ve been with the TC since October of 2013. Almost 8 years!

What is your role at the Thompson Center?  

My role is a combination of clinical and administrative. Clinically, I work with both our psychologists and medical providers in our autism diagnostic clinics as I provide the testing. My administrative duties include; training, supervisor, and a member of various committees.

What got you interested in working with autism?

I always knew I wanted to work with neurodiverse children. My senior year of undergrad here at Mizzou I got to work alongside children with autism. My professor, and previous TC psychologist at the time, introduced me to this role and it’s been the perfect fit since!

What is your favorite thing about working at the Thompson Center?

My favorite thing is helping families get the diagnosis they need to open the door for services for their child. I also really enjoy the team aspect and the comradery of my division!