We’re here to help.

Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is here to address your unique needs and provide the best possible care for your child’s neurodevelopmental journey.

Learn more

Teaching for a stronger community.

We are here to equip learners with the essentials skills needed to create positive change in the lives of people with developmental differences.

Learn more

Researching for a better tomorrow.

Our goal is to unlock discoveries that will revolutionize the lives of individuals with autism and other neurodevelopmental diagnoses.

Learn more

Researchers & Studies

Join A Study

We’re here to help.

Learn more

Teaching for a stronger community.

Learn more

Researching for a better tomorrow.

Learn more

Thompson Center for Autism & Neurodevelopment

205 Portland Street, Columbia, MO 65211

573-884-6052

January 14, 2022

Business Team Spotlight: Meet Megan Cook

By Emily Morrison

It takes a lot of planning and coordination to support the variety of operations at the Thompson Center. Our Business Team is one of the behind-the-scenes groups that makes it all possible! Over the next few weeks, we’ll be spotlighting the members of this team and looking into how they keep the Thompson Center running. In this spotlight, we will meet Megan Cook, an Office Support Assistant IV for the Thompson Center.

How long have you worked for the Thompson Center?

I have been at the Thompson Center for three years. I started as a Patient Service Representative at the front desk and then later joined the Business Team as an Office Support Assistant IV.

What are your main job duties?

As part of my job, I take care of all of the Thompson Center’s HR tasks, including onboarding for new employees and managing payroll. I also help with reporting for grants. Like most of the people on our team, my day-to-day duties can look very different based on the Thompson Center’s needs at the time!

Where are you from?

I grew up in St. Charles, MO and currently live in Higbee, MO.

What is your educational background?

I have an AAS in business administration with an emphasis in accounting.

Where did you work before you came to the Thompson Center? What did you do there?

I started working for MU Health Care at South Providence Family Medicine in the phone room.

What is your favorite thing about working at the Thompson Center?

My favorite thing about the Thompson Center is how willing everyone is to help each other with projects and encourages each other to be the best they can be.

When you’re not working, what do you enjoy doing?

I stay pretty busy with my three young boys! My husband and I enjoy working on projects for our woodworking/crafting business.