We’re here to help.

Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is here to address your unique needs and provide the best possible care for your child’s neurodevelopmental journey.

Learn more

Teaching for a stronger community.

We are here to equip learners with the essentials skills needed to create positive change in the lives of people with developmental differences.

Learn more

Researching for a better tomorrow.

Our goal is to unlock discoveries that will revolutionize the lives of individuals with autism and other neurodevelopmental diagnoses.

Learn more

Researchers & Studies

Join A Study

We’re here to help.

Learn more

Teaching for a stronger community.

Learn more

Researching for a better tomorrow.

Learn more

Thompson Center for Autism & Neurodevelopment

205 Portland Street, Columbia, MO 65211

573-884-6052

May 4, 2022

BCBA Spotlight: Meet Kali Flowers

By Emily Morrison

After receiving an autism diagnosis, there are many different services available to serve the spectrum of needs that vary from person to person. One intervention offered at the Thompson Center is Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Over the next few weeks, we’ll introduce the Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) that make up our Applied Behavioral Intervention Services (ABIS) division. Read our latest spotlight to meet Kali Flowers!

How long have you worked for the Thompson Center?

I have been a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) since September 2021. Before that I was a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) here as well as a practicum student in the ABA program from August 2019-August 2021.

What are your main job duties?

I supervise RBTs who work directly with clients, oversee client programming, supervise practicum students, develop treatment plans, and collaborate with clients’ families and treatment teams.

Where are you from?

I grew up in the bootheel of Missouri in a super small town called Steele. I moved to Columbia to attend Mizzou in 2014 and have been here ever since!

What is your educational background?

I have a Bachelors in Health Science and Masters of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis from Mizzou.

Where did you work before you came to the Thompson Center?

Before being an RBT in the Applied Behavioral Intervention Services (ABIS) division at Thompson Center, I was an RBT at another clinic in town.

What is your favorite thing about working at the Thompson Center?

I love being able to easily collaborate with other members of my clients’ care teams.

What got you interested in working with people with autism?

While I was studying for my undergraduate degree, I worked at a summer camp for individuals with disabilities. I loved it and knew I had to make a career of working with a similar population. 

What do you wish more people knew about ABA?

I wish more people understood how individualized our treatments are to each specific client and how hard we work to give our clients the tools they need to thrive.

What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned in your time working at the Thompson Center?

It’s been amazing to see how beneficial it is when multiple members of a client’s care team are able to collaborate.

When you’re not working, what do you enjoy doing?

I enjoy spending time with my son and husband!