Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Thompson Center has enacted several new safety guidelines for in-person clinic visits. These guidelines are meant to keep our patients, their families, and our staff as safe as possible. If your family has an upcoming scheduled in-person appointment, please review the following guidelines before arriving.
Parking and Screening
• Utilize the identified car loading/unloading area so that patients maintain social distancing guidelines.
• For patients receiving Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), speech/language, and occupational therapy services, your service provider will meet you at the screening area to walk you to your room.
• Only one (1) adult guardian is to accompany patients to their appointment. No additional children will be allowed in the building at the current time.
• At our entrance, patients and guardians will be screened for temperature and possible COVID-19 symptoms.
• PLEASE RESCHEDULE IF YOU ARE SICK OR HAVE BEEN AROUND OTHERS WHO MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19.
Our clinicians and staff will be wearing masks per hospital regulations except for certain services (see below). Patients and guardians should wear masks as well, except for certain services (see below). You are welcome to bring your own mask or we can provide one for you.
For patients receiving speech/language, occupational therapy, and psychological testing, some outcomes may be impacted by children wearing masks. For these services, we request that children not wear masks unless otherwise directed by their service provider. If you are uncomfortable allowing your child to participate in these services without a mask, we can reschedule the appointment.
For patients receiving Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), patients may wear a mask, but are not required to if they struggle to tolerate the mask.
Other Safety Measures
• Our furniture and rooms are arranged to allow for 6-foot social distancing.
• Floor signage will indicate 6-foot distances to help with social distancing.
• To reduce contact, patient appointments have been staggered and the number of patient appointments have been significantly reduced.
• Both our café area and water fountain are currently closed. You may bring your own snacks/water.
• All furniture, toys, and materials are sterilized between patients.
• Staff will wear stickers to indicate that they have been screened for symptoms.
Thank you for trusting the Thompson Center with your care. We aim to continue providing the high-quality care you expect from us while assuring safety of our patients, families, and staff. We are also offering video visits for some of our services. Please click here to learn more.